BE THE ONE TO COME HOME
LEARN TO RETURN PROVIDES SPECIALIZED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.
Since 1986, LTR has been Alaska’s premier and longest running full-spectrum survival school. We maintain the most comprehensive and diverse safety and survival training program catalog available.
SECRET TO OUR SUCCESS
You are guaranteed to find an option that meets and exceeds your employee or personal training needs. The secret to our success lies with our experiences, research, instructors, and a promise to our students: “You will leave with a different mindset, become more confident in your abilities and will have gained an edge that may make the difference between life and death.”
GROWTH THROUGH PARTNERSHIP
The world is ever evolving and new ways to teach and be safe are being created everyday. Here at LTR we embrace changes that can help more people will come home to their loved ones. Because of that, we have partnered with many of the leading companies in their respected fields. For Medical training and supplies we have partnered with SAM Medical products along Dr. Sam Slishman who created the Slishman pressure wrap to provide our students and customers with the best medical gear and training the industry has to offer. The world of Fall Protection is evolving at an alarming rate with the advancement in cellular and wireless technology. Because of that, we have become a Technical Partner with Petzl, the worlds first and foremost distributor of climbing and fall protection equipment.
- Every employer in the state of Alaska who is serious about safety in the field and about protecting the lives of their employees should make ALL of your classes available to their workforce. Realistically, some of the things that will give each of us individually the best chance of survival in the most serious of emergencies… such as general fitness or certain maneuvers….. are not skills that can be perfected in a single day, but the single day training gave me the knowledge and the motivation that I need to develop and improve my skills and my chances of survival on my own throughout my life. That’s the mark of really effective training…. It continues to have an impact long after the course is over.
Holly Fair – Geophysicist – BP Exploration Alaska
- I want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to observe high-quality tower climbing and rescue training for the last two days. I learned a lot of helpful tips that will sharpen my delivery in fall protection systems. Additionally, I enjoyed the opportunity to see how you, Martin and Pat worked cohesively as a team. Also, your classroom training environment is well organized and seamlessly flowed into demonstrating the tasks followed by hands-on exercises. Honestly, I have never met a more professionally qualified, trained and experienced staff in my lifetime and probably never will. Your company is leading the industry in fall protection.
John Gilbert, BS, Occupational Safety and Loss Control Consultant–
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (DEHE)
- You and your staff bring a ton of “real world” experience to the field and classroom, which really compliments the environment. The structure of the course is also set-up very well, especially for adult learners. You hear…you see…then you do. Nobody gets bored by sitting in a seat all day at LTR. It really is the perfect ratio of classroom to hands-on learning.
Regg Simon – HSE Site Advisor Cruz Construction, Inc.
- LTR, I just wanted say that you guys have a very good program there. I thought the class moved smoothly and provided a huge amount of very useful information. Your staff was tremendous and I can tell everyone there was speaking from a lot of experience, not just out of a book. I’m sure, like many that enter your class, I didn’t think I needed further outdoor training and I wasn’t going to learn anything new. But, I was very impressed with the amount of new information I took from the class. Keep up the great work.
Ben Benson – McLane Consulting, Inc.
- Learn to Return was the 2019 Small Business Association Alaska District Micro Business of the Year. A micro business is one with five employees or less that has a large impact on the community it serves.